by Background Investigation Bureau
SERVEMERGE® is proud to be partnered with Background Investigation Bureau [ BIB ]. BIB is the premiere background screening platform tailored to the specific needs of service organizations. Volunteer background screenings are a crucial element in preserving a safe, secure environment for all who serve for your cause. Volunteer screening provides a first defense against those with questionable motives. Realizing the importance of volunteer background checks while also understanding the administrative, compliance and budgetary challenges, BIB created Secure Volunteer, a reliable, simple solution to manage background screenings for nonprofit organizations and its volunteer population. Because your mission is to help others, you must first help yourself by ensuring the individuals you surround yourself with possess the character and lifestyle necessary to safeguard the very people and organizations you serve.
FOR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
- Highest Quality Background Screenings - Delivers the most comprehensive and reliable screen.
- Data Entry by Applicants - Allows for secure online data entry by volunteers.
- Electronic Signatures - Collects and stores signatures on volunteer forms.
- Volunteer Request Que - Review and approve requests from potential volunteers before they are sent to be processed.
- Approval Email Notifications - Notifies volunteers upon approval of background check.
- Potential Risk Que - Places applicants with criminal records that do not meet your policies in a Que for your review.
- Track Your Approved Volunteers with Reporting Tool - Produces reports that include approved volunteers by location.
- Secure Volunteer ID Badges - Provides ID badges to volunteers validating their background screen approval.
- Rescreen Tracking and Auto Notification - Alerts volunteers prior to expiration of ID card on the need for a new screen.
- Auto Compliance Administration - Sends your custom Adverse Action Notifications to applicants and creates an audit trail.
- Optional Volunteer Pay - Collects payment from volunteers before they are screened.
- Secure and Timely - Paperless administration and secure storage to eliminate paperwork and reduce administrative time.
- Consitant Standards - Secure Volunteer provides a consistent standard for volunteer background checks that is widely recognized and accepted everywhere.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act - Secure Volunteer from BIB is compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state laws.
Regardless of the size of your volunteer population, SERVEMERGE® and BIB can complete your volunteer background screenings that meets the needs of your Nonprofit Organization while also keeping you compliant.
HOW IT WORKS
When a volunteer admin creates a volunteer event, he/she will click on the "Background Screening Required" box. Your volunteer event will then display on the event page a "Background Screening Required" text, link and logo. The volunteer applicant will have access to click on the link and be directed to the webpage to begin the background screening process.
Volunteer applicants then follow specific instructions for signing releases or authorizations related to the volunteer background screening, entering personal information and submitting payment. All data entry is handled by the volunteer applicant and automatically submitted directly to BIB for secure and controlled processing. The Secure Volunteer - SERVEMERGE partner area provides intuitive tools for the volunteer admin to manage and approve volunteer background screenings. Secure Volunteer background screening process also supplies volunteers with visual IDs, providing a more secure and visible solution for tracking volunteers. As an additional assurance, BIB facilitates the volunteer background screening process so that only those individuals with offenses that would preclude them from volunteering would need their records reviewed by the volunteer admin.